SC6: Issues merging income data from spEmp with other merged data

Hello,

I am trying to merge ts23511_g1 (income) variable from spEmp to Biography data. At this stage there are 11.227 non-missing income observations in the dataset (I retain data only from waves 3-10). Let’s call this merged dataset A. I have merged t514009 (job satisfaction) from pTarget to Basics data. At this stage there are 25.247 non-missing job satisfaction observations in the dataset (I retain data only from waves 3-10). Let’s call this merged dataset B. When I merge dataset A with B, the merged dataset contains 25.247 observations but income now has only 3789 non-missing observations. Can you please help me retain all the income observations? I can share my stata codes if that is helpful.

Thanks!

Dear Nivedita,
I just tried to get a similar result based on your information, but was not successful. Could you please email your request to fdz@lifbi.de and attach the syntax you used for that?
I would be also extremely useful if you could shortly describe what you want to analyse und why you decided to merge employment spell information to the Biography file and information from pTarget to the basics file instead of mergeing the information directly. Then I can take a deeper look and hopefully help you.

Many greetings,
Benno Schoenberger